Asked Questions & Answers
READ Wedding Photography
PRINT Wedding Photography Disclaimer
1. Do you double book on the day of the wedding? No, I only
schedule one wedding on any given day so that it receives my
2. What is your education and how long have you been a photographer?
In 1991 I received a BA in photojournalism from the University
of Alabama. Since 1991 I have worked for Rust International,
Baptist Medical Centers, and Alabama Quality Assurance Foundation
as a staff photographer in addition to doing freelance work.
Currently I work for myself doing photography full-time. My background
is broad and varied giving me unparalleled experience to draw
on any given situation. Examples can be seen under the discipline
links on this page.
3. How long have you been photographing weddings? I have been
photographing weddings for 15 years.
4. How do I set up an appointment and how do we book a wedding?
You can call or email to set an appointment normally M-F during
the day. Can you schedule an appointment on the weekend? Yes,
provided I am not working or obligated otherwise. To book a wedding
I required a signed contract and $100 (check or cash) deposit.
5. How long does it take to get the photos back? Normal turn
around time is 6-8 weeks.
6. Do you visit the church before the wedding day? Normally
if I have never been where the wedding will take place I always
go to take some test shots and discuss photo options with the
7. My wedding is outside Birmingham - is there a travel fee?
Yes, any wedding an hour or more from Inverness, Alabama will
require a $100 travel fee to cover time and gas.
8. Do I need to make out a list of photos for the wedding
day? Only if there are specific photos that would fall out of
the normal photos one would take on a wedding day. Input and
creative suggestions for photos are always welcome.
9. Is it easier to take all photos before the wedding? A lot
of couples still do not want to see each other before the wedding.
So, we can shoot before and after the ceremony. I cannot express
how much easier the wedding will flow if all photos are shot
before the wedding allowing everyone to go straight to the reception.
Expect a 45 min to hour and a half delay if photos are completed
after the ceremony.
10. Do we have the rights to print anything we want off of
the photo cds that contain the original digital images? Yes,
you may do whatever you like with the original digital images.
This gives you complete freedom to take that great photo and
use it however you see fit.
11. How do we match up the photos with the file name? The
photos in the albums are numbered according to the file name
for each photo.
12. Can we get additional copies of the dvd? Yes, additional
copies can be obtained by filling out order slips you will receive
and returning them in the mail to me. I will mail the dvd directly
to person that places the order.